Long Time, No Blog.....

Sunday, August 16, 2009 1 Comment »
Hi all,
I am so sorry it's been so long since my last post (too long really!!). I've been busy with preparations for mine and Paul's upcoming nuptials on 31st October. We decided because I make cards and jewellery that the wedding should be as handcrafted as possible drawing on all my so-called talents (Paul's words not mine!!!).

I've had a lovely week off this past week and my wonderful mum and sister helped me to make all the wedding invites and favours (thanks guys, you are the best!) but in my haste to post the invites out, I forgot to take photos (sorry!).

I also had a go at making my own tiara which I must admit isn't as easy as it may seem even though I make jewellery. Needless to say there were alot of tears and the first attempt ended up in the bin but, I stuck with it and am so excited with the results. I have included a couple of pictures below:


I hope you all like it. I used 170 Swarovski crystals on the band and flower and then some freshwater pearls for the band and flower stamens. The tiara band and gold wire were from Hobbycraft.

Well that's enough from me for now. Hope you all had a lovely weekend and I hope to blog again soon.

Take Care
Sarah xxx

1 comments:

Kit said...

wow sarah, you have done a fab job of it.
Its very pretty :o)
well done for getting everything finished.